In the interest of providing an optimal training experience, and to prepare a qualified physician in the discipline of public health and occupational and environmental medicine, preparatory to passing the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) certifying examination in occupational medicine, the department requires:
- Satisfactory completion of an MPH track with a GPA of at least 3.0, including the following occupational and environmental required courses: ENVH 589 Environmental Risk Assessment, ENVH 581 Principles of Industrial Hygiene, ENVH 587 Environmental Toxicology.
- Regular attendance (minimum of 75%) to all required Occupational Medicine Residency Conferences including: Teaching Conference, Journal Club, Grand Rounds, and Topical Forum.
- Successful completion of each of the major rotations with satisfactory evaluations.
- Grand Rounds presentation of a completed senior project.
- Topical Forum presentation on a comprehensive and pertinent subject in the field of occupational and environmental medicine.
- Demonstration of adequate clinical occupational and environmental medicine skills, to the satisfaction of supervising physicians at each of our training sites.