In the interest of providing an optimal training experience, and to prepare a qualified physician in the discipline of occupational and environmental medicine, preparatory to passing the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) certifying examination in occupational medicine, the department requires:
- Satisfactory completion of an MPH track with a GPA of at least 3.0, including the following occupational and environmental required courses: ENVH 589 Environmental Risk Assessment, ENVH 581 Principles of Industrial Hygiene, ENVH 587 Environmental Toxicology.
- Regular attendance (minimum of 75%) to all required Occupational Medicine Residency Conferences including: Teaching Conference, Journal Club, Grand Rounds, and Topical Forum.
- Successful completion of each of the major rotations with satisfactory evaluations.
- Grand Rounds presentation of a completed senior project.
- Topical Forum presentation on a comprehensive and pertinent subject in the field of occupational and environmental medicine.
- Demonstration of adequate clinical occupational and environmental medicine skills, to the satisfaction of supervising physicians at each of our training sites.